Monday, March 15, 2010

Weeding, painting and more!

I hate that it takes me so long to post lately. I'm sure it will be twice as long once little girl is here. But this is what our few weeks have been like.
These two bird brains have been so sweet and crazy all at the same time. They are just changing so much. Noah wants to know the days schedule everyday. He tells me when there are red lights and green lights and what those mean. He is a great big brother to Zach, and sometimes I have to remind him that I will be mommy and he can be brother. He still LOVES school and recently made pet rocks and learned how to take care of them. ie: feeding, sleeping ect.
Zach however has changed the most. He is in his big boy bed full time now. Which is great. No more pack-n-plays and separate rooms. But he does like to climb into Noahs bed in the morning and wake him up, so the quality and quantity are quite different now. He also has hit the "terrible twos" with a vengeance. Everything is a ten. If I take his PJ's off in the morning or touch his blanket or if I dare to take a shower...he is set off. There is no helping him calm down. Nothing can cure the crying. At some point around 15 minutes I can sit with him and read a book and that helps, but once I get up...yikes. It doesn't help also that we have stopped the pacifier. Probably not the smartest time, but we are in crunch time before baby. So he also now needs to learn to cope with his emotions without sucking on something. He has resorted at times to his fingers which is not ok with me. But he may also be getting those 2 yr molars in. We will just have to wait and see how it all plays out.
But here is a morning of bliss, where Noah wanted the same pj's and to sit in the same chair. So cute when they do this.

This was another morning a while ago where Noah pulled Zach up and asked him to lay with him and they did! Slippers and all.

This of course is them playing picnic. Noah inspired.

Here is Noah pretending to "sweep" at his picnic.


Noah has also really been into super hero's and dress up. So here is Batman Noah.


And of course Batman Zach...he is always posing.


Then our painting project. This was a doosy actually. We only have re painted anything once in our 3 homes, but this blue went up one day and was off the next. I do like it, just way to much of it in our kitchen. So the next day, I had to take the kids to the dr for one of the many ear infections this season. Thankfully Mary took them and I took everything down, taped and put up a first coat of off-white before they got back. Then it was all done that night. Man am I glad Tony hasn't attempted to kill me yet!
Before...

After. We also added the yellow, but everything that is white was blue. Quite a chore. But looks fabulous now.


The house has really had the overhaul. Especially since Tony is nesting as much as I am. So we decided to move it outside and weed. Noah really was into it and helped out for about 45 minutes. Sometimes more dirt than weeds, but he helped and liked it.

Once Zach woke he joined in.



We also took a rare trip to Greenlake. So much fun. We went down, let the boys play at the park, walked the lake, ate lunch, got some ice cream and headed home. It was so beautiful out.
Grabbed some shots of these handsome boys...


It is hard to get us all in one place, but there was a young girl swinging from a branch behind me so that made it hard to get a cute one here. It did dawn on me though that this is one of the last shots of all three boys before little Miss comes.

Oh yes, and Noah and I too. I'm just shy of 9 mo pregnant here. Cant believe its soo close.

Side view. It really seems larger than life at this point. I have had the twins comment...even from my own mother!


Here is a random shot of Noah and Regan at the Dad and me science fair. They even made goop.

The boys also got these chairs from grandma and grandpa. Since this picture, Im not sure they have ever sat in them. Instead they are flipping over them and crawling under them...whatcha gonna do?


So we have our first check up tomorrow to see if any progress is being made. I go to the dr now each week now until she comes. I have no complaints except my right hip gets sore at the end of the day and I have a muscle cramp that gets quite painful also in that leg. Its so weird. She must be laying on some nerve. Also once I have sat down after dinner, I am in for it. I say now that my "rigimortous" (or however you spell it) kicks in. My joints seem to be locked up for the night. If I get up after that, I am hobbling and rocking as I go. I look a bit ridiculous to say the least. But once I get up in the morning Im ready to go again. So very minor things, and before I know it she will be here.
We also still have no name. Tony will give me zero clues as to what he is thinking. So now I just get to be patient and wait a few more weeks. We also changed her room theme. I know, we just cannot seem to stick to anything when it comes to her. New ideas all the time. I will grab some pics when its done.


































No comments: