Thursday, February 7, 2008

Remodel Part Two

So we press on to finish this "no big deal" project. I truly had no clue how much work goes into these things. It really is at the end now so that is exiting. Uncle Guy came to place the baseboards after the flooring was put in and Noah just couldn't help himself...


Boy time doing boy projects. I had to interviene when Guy took Noah outside to get the electric nail gun. :)

Here is the guest bath. It has the same floor now as the picture above and is all painted. Tomorrow all the baseboards will be painted white. They aren't in yet in this pic.
Here is the soon to be mudroom. Guy thought putting this built in ironing board would be smart, and it was. We need to put the door on it but when we thought about it, we really didnt have a place for one otherwise. These boards are holding up the bead board that will be painted white also. This room is now painted a wonderful blue gray.


I cant even blog fast enough to keep up with the progress, because the wall is painted and the sink is in and working and we put the cabinets above the washer/dryer just like before. It looks nice. Update to come.

Some of Noah's newest tricks are climbing into every chair possible. He feels so proud afterwards. Then he always enjoys a phone call.

He has this thing down. Here is is dialing...
...and excuse us while we have a conversation over here..he will walk around the house mumbling and concentrated while "on-the-phone".
We have really enjoyed the minimal sunshine. It was about 33 degrees out this day, but that doesn't stop us at all.



He really wanted to splash in the ice water. I just took pics and froze to death!
We also love the slide. Wet or not. But this day it was frozen so he was actually stuck here. It was cute because he really didn't understand why it wasn't working.

Another hilarious "trick" with our little neat freak, is to pick up the fuzz puff's after Spencer has destroyed a toy...
and actually put it in the garbage. I wasn't sure if I should praise him for putting it in the right place, or tell him not to touch garbage...I decided to praise. So..now I find water bottles in the recycling and other various cooking utensils.

Emma celebrated her 85th birthday over the weekend!!! She recently moved to a wonderful retirement community right across the street and she is really enjoying it. She has made several friends and is begining to join them in the many activities they have. Including concerts with wine and cheese!



All the ladies...and Noah of course.
Her kids. Mick, Mary, Mark, and Guy
Speaking of parties we had a small get together for superbowl. That was nice. Notice the little man in his own chair, playing cards with us. He also began to run around the table over and over as long as we told him how fast he was going. I think this went on for about 10-15 minutes! He was even sweating afterwards. It was so funny. I wish I had caught it on tape.

And in baby news. We just went to the dr. Everything looks great. It is really going to be a boy, Zachary Christopher Schulz. Yippee! We also have several new pictures of the little one, and so far we think he looks like Noah. So fun. If I can figure out how to put them on here I will. He is a handsome little one if ya ask us!



No comments: