We are back and lookin' good. If I must say so myself. This blog thing can be so addicting. I have been on and off of it since 2:30ish. And it is now 9 o'clock and I am suffering for the cause since Tony is watching Transformers and Im sure that the neighbors can hear it. I will try to keep it short and brief.
The Crab Apple Tree...
This is our Crab apple tree that we planted over the summer. I finally had a moment to look up when the apples were ready for using, and ours were ready!
We have loved it. Daily the boys go out and pick them and eat them. Luckily, no one choked. They are about the size of marbles. They also taste extremely sour so I am not sure what the draw was for them. They would go out even this early (pj's and all) and play.
I then had to take off all the leaves, and blossoms and half them. Actually, they say to quarter them, but they are so small and I had so many, my fingers couldn't take it after a while.
You then place them in a pot with water just covering the apples and bring them to a boil and let them stay simmering until they reduce down.
I know this looks odd. But we needed to strain the apple mush. It was so heavy and it needed to be lifted above the bowl. So Tony decided a bit of duck tape and cheesecloth was the answer. And it was. We left this over night to get as much juice as possible.
We then took the juice and boiled it with sugar. There is so much natural pectin in the apples it didn't need any added to set. So once our cans were ready (which was a whole other experiment) we canned it. I wish I had gotten a final project pic. If I remember I will post it next week. The little cans are adorable. I plan on giving them as gifts. I did sneak a taste of the juice and it was so yummy. You also cant buy this flavor so it is a neat treat. I have heard of people making butter, or ice cubes to put in tea also.
Pumpkin Patch...
Well, this year our pumpkin experience wasn't quite what we had hoped for. I may venture out to have a better time. Both kids were so cranky and Tony was sad because the Huskies lost a huge game that day also. But we went. Noah was upset because he left his coat in the car and it was windy. And Zach for some reason just wasn't having any fun either, which is odd for him. So we made it quick and painless. The next day Noah painted his pumpkin and was happy.
Noah's Soccer...
We just ended our first soccer season. Noah started out uninterested and ended up having a great time. He was worried about the mud at first and then took right to running with the other kids. This was his offical soccer picture. I snuck a shot too. The photographer was having all the boys hold the ball in front, but Noah had other ideas.
Tony was the coach and everyday Noah asked him if he was going to be the coach. He really enjoyed it.
Always have a few fun ones to bring you also. Im not sure this one gets an explanation. Who knew that underwear was multi-purpose?
We had a Halloween party a few doors down. Tony made these that day! It was very impressive. The most hilarious part was once we got there, everyone was dressed in little to nothing and we showed up in square boxes. Quite hilarious.
Unfortunately, right after Noah hit his head on the corner of our bed frame and ended up with a huge black and blue knot. Then right before bed, Zach flipped himself off the couch and knocked his left eye on a table. It bled and was swollen. It is a really big gash. Im not sure his eye will open tomorrow. Just amazing that hours after this they are both black and blue.
Happy Halloween!
1 comment:
I would like to thank Ultimate Life Clinic for reversing my father's Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS). My father’s ALS condition was fast deteriorating before he started on the ALS Herbal medicine treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic. He was on the treatment for just 6 months and we never thought my father will recover so soon. He has gained some weight in the past months and he is able to walk with no support. You can reach them through there website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com
Post a Comment