Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Week of Fun

Lots and lots have been going on around here. Tons of change. We came off Christmas and New Years to jump right into house remodel mode. It is amazing to think that with one new baby we have 4 rooms to change. I know that sounds extreme but we have the baby room, the boys to share a room, a bathroom, and a play room. Some changes were minor, others were drastic. We are close to done and will do some before after pics as we finish.
First, Zach and his boots. I told you that he took a nap in them since he refused to take them off. He has strong opinions about his shoe choices right now. Well, not only shoes, but clothes. That is why he also has his pj shirt on. I dressed him, he went into hysterics...and I mean hysterics...kicking crying, giving me his shirt back. Finally I put it over his normal shirt and he was fine in that single moment. I have allowed him this until the other day, I decided he can cry about the shirt. Some days we will not be able to put the pj's back on. He was so out of whack, he made it downstairs and went to the door...crying and crying. I found him there and he ran to me. I think he forgot why he was crying and thought I had left. So it will be a process of baby steps I think.

Ah yes, he found my running shoes. The other day he put on Grandma's shoes and picked up a bag and pretended to leave. Not sure if it is routine or just fun dress up time.

This was that morning. Sorry they are all so blurry. I am able to download now, but cannot figure out how to "fix" them and then find them again. So for a while this will have to do. But, Noah is SUPER into taking care of Zach or his puppy. He puts them to nap and everything. So when Zach woke, he asked to hold him and they stayed like this long enough for me to laugh about it, find a camera and take a pic. They really enjoy each other.


The start of the change. This will be baby Chloe's room. It was Zach's.They boys have been sharing a room now for over a week and I have been pleasantly surprised how easy the transition has been. They do great. Zach is in a pac-n-play till his bed arrives, so that helps also. However, we originally painted the room and antique white, but it was too blinding, so we went with a soft yellow and love it. It looks adorable. Almost done with decorating and will post the changes.


We also enjoyed Patton for a few days last week. Zach is particularly fond of him. Noah of course wants to do the basics of feeding, and giving treats, while Zach wants some quality time. So here we are early morning, waiting for Patton to bring the ball. That didn't quite happen, but Zach was happy to wait. It was sweet. He kept saying "bah, bah" meaning ball.



Zach also got an icky cold. Goopy eyes and runny nose with a cough. It was sad. He kept waking up every hour. We were both exhausted. So the next night, I had to figure something out. Until it hit me. Lift up one end of the pac-n-play. Genius! It has been harmonious ever since. He is almost over the cold now and hasn't had his normal ear infections. Yay!

We just got done selling several items from this "media" room so we could make it into a play room for the kids. We have LOVED it. The paint is bright and crazy and bold. But it turned out fun. Now there is a place for the majority of toys and tunnels and cars. Also a big room for sleep overs and movies and crafts. The kids had gotten up for a nap and we put on a movie and they sat and had a great time. It was just fun to see them together enjoying "their" space. Still some changes to come, but for now, it has been great.


This was the next day. I had to get ready for something and put on the movie with cereal and choc milk and they were happy to be here and wake up for a bit, and I was happy to get about 10 min to dry my hair and put clothes on. :)










2 comments:

Kim said...

LOVE IT!!! love the new blog...love the new play room...love all the colors!!! Can't wait to see baby Chloe's room. Good work kids!!! Love you all.

Kim said...

LOVE IT!!! love the new blog...love the new play room...love all the colors!!! Can't wait to see baby Chloe's room. Good work kids!!! Love you all.