Banks Lake
We headed out on our most adventurous family trip yet. Banks lake. It was around 4 1/2 hrs east. We went with about 4 other families. It was crazy, fun, hectic, different and well, crazy. We battled sickness, and a friend went to the hospital, we saw 40 mile and hour wind storm come through and drove forever. It is a trip that will not be forgotten. We thankfully had cabins. They only had beds a mini refrigerator, coffee maker and micro. Along with A/C. Which was great since the temps reached 95 some days.
Here is Zach testing out his Buzz sleeping bag and buzz action figure on the bunk. He has never had a sleeping bag so he kept using it as a blanket which was hilarious.
I unfortunately didnt get many pictures but this kinda gives you an idea of what it was like. Tony is out in the lake with Noah showing him how to kick and swim with a life jacket. He did ok, he just isnt at the point of trusting the jacket yet, but it was a good start. We did rent a boat and we took Noah on the enter tube. We went all of 5 miles and hour and he was afraid, but once he got off he was talking like he went 100 mph. He did really enjoy the boat. He stayed on it well after Tony and I were done just to watch everyone.
Practicing. The board did help him a bit. He didnt feel so stranded.
This is the next day. 40 mile an hour winds. You can see how brown the sky is compared to the other pictures. The waves were picking up. So we got creative and used the enter tube to float Noah around.
Check out the 1 dollar goggles. Genius.
Our Sadie is just growing like a weed I tell you! She is getting bored with the floor and what it has to offer so I thought I would try this. And what do you know she loves it and jumps and laughs. I have the best video...if only I knew how to post it...anyway. She caught on quick and I think it will be a new favorite.
Here is little Monica. She was born a month after Sadie but was a preemie. We were once concerned with her weight...but...not so much anymore. She is only a pound or two different than Sadie! She is such a joy and easy baby. We loved having them come over for a visit!
If you have followed the blog at all you would know that this picture alone is a miracle. Noah wouldnt even sit in this chair with me, or to take a ride 6 months ago. In fact, Dr. DiRe (noahs uncle) looked in his mouth while Noah sat in a normal chair last time. A quick peak. But not this time. When we were getting ready to go he asked what they did at the dentist. (granted we have watched Bernstein bears dentist show and book but either way) so I went over it again. And again in the car. He seemed excited but usually it ends poorly. We were all sitting in silence when he hopped up and opened wide. He didnt even move or complain. They did the entire cleaning and Uncle Mark took a good look, we grabbed our goodie bag and we were off. It was glorious!

Ready to go!

Zach and I watching and entertaining ourselves. Sadie was in the car seat like a princess.

Zach jumping up to be apart of it.

P.S. There is a new little logo at the top. It is called e-mealz. Dave Ramsey endorses it. It is 1.25 a week and it plans all your meals. A week of meals plus a grocery list. It is brilliant. We are just starting it. It even has gluten free plans! So check it out, I think its a great idea for us moms. No more wondering about what to make!
Ready to go!
Zach and I watching and entertaining ourselves. Sadie was in the car seat like a princess.
Zach jumping up to be apart of it.
P.S. There is a new little logo at the top. It is called e-mealz. Dave Ramsey endorses it. It is 1.25 a week and it plans all your meals. A week of meals plus a grocery list. It is brilliant. We are just starting it. It even has gluten free plans! So check it out, I think its a great idea for us moms. No more wondering about what to make!
No comments:
Post a Comment