I have gotten back into running outside lately. It is so much more for me than exercise. I believe in all the warm, fuzzies everyone says about it. Like, it free's my mind, gives me energy, helps me be a better mom ect. Because I have lived it long enough to know. I really am not all that great at it. I dont go for long or for very far and have never studied up on how to do it better. But the benefits far out weigh all the other stuff. For the most part, it gets us out, a touch of Vitamin D, fresh air and we are back in action.
So I thought I would do a start to finish running blog. Well, sorta that makes it sound far better than it is, but go with me.
Here is Noah. This could have been a first run. He was probably around 4-5 months here. All snow man like in his super puffy jacket thing. I remember he didnt ever love the jogger until he was a bit older, so sometimes the run was cut short, or I'd go fast so I was close to home when he melted.
This was our first family run. I hardly remember the days of just one now. It seems like a far distant memory! But Tony and I ran these neighborhoods when we were first married and have through all the kids so its always been a very fun family event.
Ok so that brings you up to speed a bit. I was looking for a picture I took when Noah and I got caught in a hail storm. He was covered in ice balls. Thankfully I wrapped him in a plastic garbage bag since I didnt have a rain cover. I know its ghetto, but it worked.
Anywho. So the other day we were off yet again. In fact, this is the same hat...I really need a new one, but I though we would document since it started raining right as we shut the garage doors and we went anyway. This is the before shot.

Pretty Sadie Jane!

These two have become quite the pair. They go great together. Sadie is so chill right now that Zach will push her blanket off or give her a loud scolding for something, but thats about it. Noah and Zach were kind of a loud combo, but these two do very well. I even took them out for my long run and they fell asleep. It was so nice.

If you can believe it, here is Noah. 4 years after that first picture. I had such flash backs when i was taking this. Just amazing how the time has gone. I read the other day that the days are long but the years are short. I am finding much truth in that. I am really looking forward to going on run with kids that can run with me.
Isnt this beautiful? We did get rained on, but no one seemed to mind and it didnt get "bad" till we were home. This is the half way marker. Man I love it! Once we get home, we all take showers and baths and bundle in Pjs, eat dinner and watch a movie. I tell ya, Im a simple girl who would do that for any vacation!

For the boy who doesnt nap..this is actually getting hard now. Because if we are out around 2-3 he will snooze for a bit. Or if he watches TV around 5 then he is out. It seems like he needs one emotionally, but then he is awake till late. So its a weird transition right now.
oh yea, this was before too. All bundled in a little fleece that Nana got her. It is now our favorite running jacket for her. A touch big so it covers fingers and a hat. Happy girl.
Pretty Sadie Jane!
These two have become quite the pair. They go great together. Sadie is so chill right now that Zach will push her blanket off or give her a loud scolding for something, but thats about it. Noah and Zach were kind of a loud combo, but these two do very well. I even took them out for my long run and they fell asleep. It was so nice.
If you can believe it, here is Noah. 4 years after that first picture. I had such flash backs when i was taking this. Just amazing how the time has gone. I read the other day that the days are long but the years are short. I am finding much truth in that. I am really looking forward to going on run with kids that can run with me.
For the boy who doesnt nap..this is actually getting hard now. Because if we are out around 2-3 he will snooze for a bit. Or if he watches TV around 5 then he is out. It seems like he needs one emotionally, but then he is awake till late. So its a weird transition right now.
1 comment:
Oh I just love the pictures - sooooo cute!!!
Post a Comment