We have had some fun days around here lately. Especially yesterday when the sun was out. Just a few hours of that light does wonders for the soul and we took to the streets. We grabbed our friend Kate and her baby and went for a walk.
I snagged some shots of the kids with my phone, still not thrilled with how they turn out, but boy can they document. And as I saw this one I was stopped in my tracks. How is he this big? Closer to 5, and I feel like the days of him having tummy time were just yesterday. I really do. So I stop to savor these moments. We have started to develop a very sweet and special relationship. I know you think that comes natural but not always, and not always is it easy. But we have found our groove and we are going for it! All that to say...I love this boy that will soon be a man.
Anyway, here he is on his scooter...(as I wipe away a few stray tears)
We stopped a bit down the trail and the boys wanted to watch the ducks. they were everywhere! And to my surprise they wanted to sit down in the wet grass. I didn't care though. This picture is so hilarious to me. On many different levels really, but the helmet really seals the deal. Even just the size difference of the two. Noah has just sprung a leak in the height department.
I was not intending to get a picture of the ridiculous but here it is. After 10 minutes no one wanted to ride their scooters of course. So I remembered I had my Ergo and I shoved Zach in it so I could at least make it to the car. But it didn't stop there. We entered the grocery store JUST like this. Utterly ridiculous...but I am really beginning to enjoy it. Opening up to the "fun and crazy" of motherhood. And for me, it isnt so much that we all walk in a single file line anymore. Its are we enjoying each other as we go through this messy life.
At the end of the day we grabbed a pizza with daddy and watched the new Nanny McPhee movie. I piggie backed the boys to bed and we thanked Jesus for a great day. (Who knew at 5:55am I could be so deep?)
Last Saturday marked my longest run in my life. 1 hour and 10 minutes. But I got to do it at Whidby Island. It was breathtaking. How could you not enjoy it? Right? It was a touch dark, sprinkled a touch. But as I climbed in elevation and the minutes ticked on...
A whole lotta this happened. I only posted one of these but got many from different angles and turns. But I love whats waiting for me...that blinding bright sunlight when I turn the corner. I just lifted my hat and let it soak in for a second. Because the other wonderful thing is that one this Island, its quiet. Peaceful..still. This is all what running does for me. Clears my head as I soak in the sun.
I laugh because I sent this to Mary at my halfway point to assure her that I was doing ok. I didnt tell her about the man that intentionally ran me into a ditch, but eh who needs to know all that right? But I did feel amazing and the last half was much faster than the first.
Sadie Jane actually fell asleep in the Ergo while I prepped for small group. Had to document.
Also Zach has a new hobby of bringing each of these items around the house and in the car. Blanket, pillow, birdie and George. When he comes into our room at night, he spends several minutes carefully placing each thing on me and then he snuggles right in. His phases are so funny.
Some of you may or may not have heard that Tony threw his back out. It became really sore after a run we did, and he (for the first time) went to see a Chiropractor. He was great and got Tony out of pain. Then the next day Tony was dressing Zach and as he pulled on his pants, out his back went. This time he was totally bed ridden. So here is he the next day, Monday, on a warming, massaging bed. You should have seen him limp to the table. But after just 5 minutes of the doctor working on him, he walked out erect. No joke, I feel like I witnessed a miracle. Now, he is still sore but on the up swing at least. Poor guy....
Again, Zach. But this was really Noahs idea so I give him full credit, but by the time I snapped a picture Noah had given up on the idea and moved on. Noah was pretty clever and grabbed these gloves while I was cleaning and pretended to be a frog. So they were hopping and ribbiting all through the house. And the "underwares" are a nice touch too. Which reminds me that Zach is still on a potty training kick. He, every, few days days or so decides to do his thing on the potty. And he is successful. He had one hilarious mishap, but since he has done great. So we are not pushing it until hes a bit older. We may be crazy for doing that but I would like to not have all the accidents that come along with the training. And finally, his butterfly tape is off now and we are massaging Mederma into it to help the scar minamize, but other than that we are hoping for a few months off from emergancies.
No comments:
Post a Comment